Saturday 29 January 2011

Being a student at Runshaw College

Saturday 29th January 2011

AS you all know my blog is about my Daughter Rebekah. Anyway Rebekah started Runshaw College is September 2010, and she is doing Forensic Science. Since starting college Rebekah has missed some days at college because due to having some quite bad hypo's and having a cold and flu bug, so her attendance is low. I arranged a meeting with Rebekah's tutor Tania Meredith to discuss this and how Rebekah was doing and other than the attendance I was told not to worry, we also both decided that a formal warning would be the right course of action. When Rebekah came home from college last night she told me that Tania had informed her that if she has any more time off then she would be kicked off the course. So basically and in Rebekah's own words she has to get into college even if she is dying.
I could not believe my ears, this is discrimination as if Rebekah hasn't got enough to think of especially as she has only being diagnosed diabetic just over a year.
I would be very grateful if anyone has any advice on the matter, my friend Angela Allison is going to help do a letter tomorrow.

Thankyou

Karen Hogg

No comments:

Post a Comment